Race Information of the 4th Niseko Classic
(UCI Gran Fondo World Series）
The 4th Niseko Classic is set to be held on July 2017. It is the second year that Niseko Classic is officially recognized as a part of UCI Grand Fondo World Series.
Niseko Classic provides one of a few opportunities in Asia that allows the bicycle enthusiasts to qualify for the 2017 UCI Gran Fondo World Championship race in Albi, France.
Enjoying closed roads, clean air and beautiful vistas, the 140km course includes 2,362m of vertical challenge, leading competitors up the awe-inspiring Panorama Line climb. Then out to the Sea of Japan and back to Hirafu Resort in Niseko.
A 70km race category is also available, providing a shorter challenge (1,125m vertical difference) and finishing together at Hirafu Resort.
Hokkaido Events Corporation
Japan Cycling Federation/Hokkaido Cycling Federation/Niseko Classic Executive Committee
Hokkaido Government/Shiribeshi General Subprefectural Bureau/Kutchan Town
Kyowa Town/Rankoshi Town/Niseko Town/
Liaison Council of the Niseko Mountain Range/
Otaru Developmentand Construction Department/
Scenic Byway Hokkaido Shikotsu-Toya-Niseko Route/Kutchan Tourism Association/
Kyowa Tourism Association/Rankoshi Tourism Association/
Niseko Resort Tourist Association Co., Ltd/Tokyu Resort Service/
Niseko Promotion Board/Junior Chamber International Kutchan/Kutchan Lions Club/
Rotary Club of Kutchan/Nihon Harmony Resorts/
Kutchan Traffic Safety Association/Kutchan Chamber of Commerce and Industry/
Kutchan Athletic Association/WAO Rediscovering Niseko Yotei/
Hokkaido Shimbun Newspaper Kutchan Office/
JA Kutchan Kosei General Hospital/
Tour de Hokkaido Association/Sapporo Cycling Federation/
Yotei Sanroku Fire Department/ Otaru Construction Management Bureau
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
The Hokkaido Niseko mountain range:
Consisting from Kutchan Town, Kyowa Town, Rankoshi Town, Niseko Town
Venue & Date
8th (Sat) July 2017
Hirafu Resort, Niseko
– Registration/License-control 9:00 to 15:00
– 70km participants bike pick-up 9:00 to 15:00
– Riders meeting 15:00 to 15:50
9th (Sun) July 2017
140km Road Race
Hirafu Resort, Niseko
– Assembly at Hirafu Resort
– Assembly between 5:20 to 5:50
– Riders assembly & Sign-up 5:50 to 6:20
– Opening ceremony 6:20 to 6:35
– Race begins: 6:50 (to be held rain or shine) – Finish 12:00 (scheduled)
– Ceremony & After event party: around 12:00 onwards (scheduled)
70km Road Race
Rankoshi Ranran Park
A shuttle bus service for 70km competitors will be arranged for the pre-race ONLY. A bus is running from a temporary bus stop at Hirafu Resort to Rankoshi Ranran Park (Start point).
– Assembly & Shuttle bus departure 5:00 to 5:30 (scheduled）
– Arrival & Bike pick-up by riders 6:00 to7:30
– Assembly & Sign-up 7:30 to 8:00
– Opening ceremony 8:00 to 8:15
– Race begins: 8:20（to be held rain or shine） – Finish 12:00（scheduled）
– Ceremony & After event party: around 12:00 onwards（scheduled）
Race Format (road race)
① Start from Grand Hirafu Resort leading to Niseko Annupuri, followed by the Panorama Line climb to out to the Sea of Japan. The race finishes at the origin – Hirafu Resort (140km)
② Start from Rankoshi Ranran Park, then out to the Sea of Japan and return to Hirafu Resort.（70ｋｍ
Men and women aged 16 (high-schoolers) and older with a membership of the UCI affiliated federation from your country / country of residence, or non-membership holders that are acquiring a temporary membership for the race. (*Please note that the temporary membership is automatically given upon completing the registration of Niseko Classic.)
※Entry is open to everyone. A temporary day license will be issued as part of your race entry.
Participants are classified according to the year of birth. (*Parental consent is required for underage participants.)
※For the UGFWS, participants are required compete on the designated race and age class.
– Any women or men aged 18 or under is not eligible for the UGFWS.
※HCF registrants are to run designated courses according to their classes.
※If any of below applies, a competitor is not eligible for the entry.
①Any rider who is recognized as the UCI registered competitor in the 2017 UCI series.
②Any rider who has taken part in the World Championship, the Olympic Games, Continental Championship or Games, Regional Games, the Commonwealth Games, or the World Cup during 2017 series.
③Any rider who has the UCI points in any discipline.
Individual Road Race 140km/70km road race
※Checkpoints are set at 4 points in 140km race and 2 points in 70km race. Participants who have not reached the checkpoints within the predesignated time will be disqualified and eliminated from the race.
①140km Road Race ②70km Road Race ③70km Women Race
※Classification for the UGFWS and HCP are included on following.
The first top 3 riders in each UGFWS age category
The first top 3 riders in each distance category
※1,000JPY discount is provided for JCF affiliated domestic federation license holders
※ Upon the completion of registration, the entry fee is not refundable.
June 18, 2017. In a case when the number of application reaches the capacity（scheduled to be 1,000）the registration closes earlier than the specified date.
Niseko Classic Management Office
Attn: Mr. Maeda, Hokkaido Events Corporation
126-2 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-cho, Abuta-gun
Hokkaido 044-0081, JAPAN
TEL: 0136-55-6081 ／ FAX: 0136-55-6083
RACE RULES & ESSENTIAL INFO
- This race will be held under the regulations of the Union Cycliste international (UCI).
- Participants must wear an approved helmet that meets safety standards of his/her country.
- All the equipment (especially wheels) that is used in the race must be in the accordance with the UCI and JFC regulations.
- Usage of extension bars are forbidden and bikes weighed less than 6.8kg is automatically disqualified.
- Bikes, used in the race must be “road bike, cross bike or mountain bike”. A time trial bike is not allowed.
- All participants that are born on or after January 1, 1999 are subject to have a gear ratio of 7.93 or less.
- For the road race, participants who fell behind each check point’s cut off time are automatically disqualified.
- A transponder is used to track the time of the race.
- Upon registration, please bring your Health Insurance Card (copy acceptable).
- For competition registrant, license-control will be held at the reception. Please present your national license card at the license-control.
- It is mandatory for all participants to attend the riders meeting on the 8th.
- News and other information are updated on the website and communiques board, installed at the venue.
- Bib, number plates, and timing chip will be handed over at the registration desk. Please identify yourself with your name and race category. These items will not be mailed.Please note that, if you are not able to clear the license-control or bike inspection, your entry is invalid.Please attach the timing chip to your bike before you start the race. Participants that did not comply with the setup is not allowed to start the race.
- If a substituted rider or any other form of frauds are witnessed, a participant is banned from the entry of Niseko Classic with an indefinite term.
- Medical team will provide a temporary first-aid treatment for injuries caused by accidents during the race. An extensive treatment will not be provided by them. Upon finishing the race, each participant is suggested to make a visit to a hospital.
- The race is carried out on public roads. Riders are obliged to follow the organizer’s instruction. Those who act against are disqualified and expelled from the race immediately.
- participants who have decided to suspend the race should report to officials, committee members and security immediately.
- Prior to the race, all participants are required to sign-up within the designate time at the designated place. For signing-up at undesignated time, a penalty is imposed. After the start of the race, no further sign-up is accepted.
- Please attach the timing chip to your bike during the race and immediately return it to Timing Chip Return set in the village after you finish. Damaging your chip or failure to return incurs 10,000JPY penalty as its replacement cost.
- The organizer holds rights to use participants’ pictures, names, addresses, age or race careers in general advertising tools, press release and information media related to the event.
Additionally, please note that they will be also used in publications, video or other media format created by the organizer.
- To all participants and spectators: Active camera devices (EX: GoPro) must be placed i) firmly ii) locations where it won’t contact with a body (EX: under the handle bar) to avoid injuries. An operation of drone above the race road is prohibited.
If you have questions on the registration – please contact Sports Entry or the Organizer.
Other Event Special Rules
- If the number of participants reaches the maximum number regulated by the JCF, participants will be divided into separate groups at the start.
- The feed zone for 140km race is set up at Yoshikuni Natural Park – 72km point.
- Feed zone is allocated at 53km/123km checkpoint – Kogane Onsen – for 70km/140 km races.（If an extreme weather is witnessed, an additional feed zone will be allocated. Such announcement is made at the opening ceremony and website.）
- Checkpoints will be set to limit the time of allowed segment.
- HCF Race points: A150 points.
- Points will be awarded to the HCF registrants (Elite S2-S5, M, L, J, JL).
- Those who participate from outside Hokkaido and public participants are not subject to earning the points.
UCI GRAN FONDO WORLD SERIES / AWARDING
19&over Women, 50&over Men
19-34 35-39 40-44 45-49 Men
50-54 55-59 60-64 65&over Men
19-34 35-39 40-44 45-49 50-54 55-59 60-64 65&over Women
※The top 3 participants from each age category are awarded. The first 25% of each age category is qualified to the Championship. The 25% is calculated based on the number of actual participants.
Non-UCI Gran Fondo World Series Classification
18&under Women, 49&under Men
※The first top 3 participants from each distance category are awarded.
For riders who participate the race for the first time
If you are a male and this is the first race as a member of bicycle federation, your classification is S-4 (High school graduates – aged 40),
S-5(41-54), M(55&over). As of 1st January of your registration year.
About the HCF points
HCF registrants: For Elite, S-2, S-3 classes, 140km open race participants receive points.
HCF registrants: For S-4, S-5 , M ,J classes 70km open race participants receive points.
HCF registrants: For L and J-L classes, 70km ladies race participants receive points.
All the HCF registered will receive points by their ranking, which were obtained in the races qualified for the points.